Date:      Mon, 05 Jul 1999 21:48:06 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        "Stan Brown" <stanb@awod.com>
Subject:   Re: Default gnome configuration

> 	But I digress. Here is what I find stange the RedHat box by default has
> 	a very nice gnome environemnt (assuming you like GUI tools). The
> 	FreeBSD machine had a pretty strange default gnome seup, even using
> 	afterstep, instead of Enlightenment as the default window manager. I

I picked afterstep because it seemed more functional out of the box
than Enlightenment and Gnome doesn't really standardize on a specific
window manager the way KDE does, leaving the question of which WM to
use with it somewhat vague.  I have no particular axe to grind on this
choice either way, my choice of "nifty dotfiles" that configure Gnome
in lots of nice default environment kind aways simply being rather
limited.  I don't use Gnome so I couldn't simply borrow my own for
this - do you have some Gnome configuration data/tips for how we
can make the Gnome desktop more "nice" in the Red Hat fashion?

- Jordan