Date:      Wed, 12 Feb 2003 21:33:59 +0100
From:      Pascal Giannakakis <capm@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   shutdown / reboot causes filesystem-errors

LO,

after I cvsupped the system to the most recent version, I found out what
the reason of locking during boot was (at least for me): corrupt FS. It
seems like a shutdown / reboot leaves the filesystem dirty, which means
to get the server up I need to run fsck from the fixit-image.

As usual this problem is somewhat beyond my knowledge, so i hope
somebody can tell me a) how to pinpoint the exact problem and b) fix it.

Another thing that I have been struggeling for ages is how to make the
kernel boot verbose. Neither "boot -v" nor setting the variable or entry
in /boot/loader.conf works. The syslog does not reveal any information.
What's the deal?

TIA