Date:      Tue, 14 Jan 2003 20:14:11 -0500
From:      "Craig Reyenga" <creyenga@connectmail.carleton.ca>
To:        <current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 5.0 RC3 now available

I haven't actually tried 5.0RC3 yet, so what I'm about to say may be
irrelevant, but here goes:

One thing I noticed in previous releases is that the choice of packages is a
little odd. Many small packages and ones that are not popular seem to make
it on the first CD, while bigger and/or more popular ones are stuck being
fetched+built manually after. This can be a pain on slower computers,
especially with ports such as mozilla and openoffice. I guess what I am
suggesting is that more attention be paid to _which_ ports make in onto CD
#1. Perhaps one way of doing this is to give each port a "pkg-priority" that
the release build scripts scan for. Anyways, that's just my $0.02, might be
$0.00 in this case.

-Craig