Date:      Fri, 14 Sep 2001 15:57:04 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Brandon D. Valentine" <bandix@looksharp.net>
To:        Joe Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        Christoph Sold <so@i-clue.de>, Jordan Hubbard <jkh@FreeBSD.ORG>, <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Netatalk crash on RC4 (was: Re: 4.4-RC4 report [succes])

On Fri, 14 Sep 2001, Joe Clarke wrote:

>Netatalk does not include a SERVLOC (I think that's what OS X uses)
>service.  Therefore, you have to type in the name of the server directly.
>I don't know enough about how OS X finds services, but I would love to
>write a daemon for it if more info could be provided.  I think it's time
>to break out ethereal.

One would think in light of recent developments, Apple would be very
interested in helping out in this regard.  It would be extremely nice if
they'd just BSD license the pieces of OS X which are responsible for
providing AppleTalk services as a full replacement for netatalk.

--
"Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today.  There might be a
law against it by that time."	-- /usr/games/fortune, 07/30/2001

Brandon D. Valentine <bandix at looksharp.net>