Date:      Tue, 13 Nov 2018 12:40:13 +0100
From:      Borja Marcos <borjam@sarenet.es>
To:        Steven Hartland <killing@multiplay.co.uk>
Cc:        joe mcguckin <joe@via.net>, freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ZFS flash systems

> On 11 Nov 2018, at 11:43, Steven Hartland <killing@multiplay.co.uk> =
wrote:
>=20
> It does perform well and it does have some specific knowledge when it =
comes
> to the underlying storage on FreeBSD specifically in knows rotating vs
> non-rotating media.

The worst issue is, unless I am wrong you won=E2=80=99t have hot swap. =
At least when I tried the code
for the =E2=80=9Cwarm swap=E2=80=9D ritual was not in place. You can=E2=80=
=99t just unplug like you would a SAS disk. You need
to put the device in quiescent mode before.

Also, beware the NVMes and their TRIM implementation. Check firmware =
versions and test in advance.
I had a nasty surprise with Intel NVMEs some time ago.

Borja.=