Date:      Tue, 17 Jul 2001 16:17:49 -0500
From:      Jon Dugan <jdugan@ncsa.uiuc.edu>
To:        hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   public rsync server on ftp12

  I'm mirroring ftp-master via rsync and decided to make allow public access
  via rsync as well as ftp on ftp12.freebsd.org.  Feel free to use it,
  especially if you are connected to Abilene or vBNS+ (as we have plenty of
  capacity to each) or have a path that uses either of those.

  Right now our commodity is a bit thin, we're waiting for our provider to
  finish a build out.  So I doubt you will get much in the way of performance
  from this box if you aren't using Abilene or vBNS+.

  Have fun and let me know if there are problems,

Jon
--
Jon Dugan             |  Senior Network Engineer, NCSA Network Development
jdugan@ncsa.uiuc.edu  |  269 CAB, 605 E Springfield, Champaign, IL 61820