Date:      Mon, 11 Jan 2010 14:52:26 +0900
From:      Hideki Yamamoto <hyama99@gmail.com>
To:        Beat Gaetzi <beat@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Call for tester: VirtualBox 3.1.2 for FreeBSD (take 2)

Hi!

Thank you for your work.
While testing virtualbox-port-r621.tar.gz, I have found several problems.
I think all of them are not new problems.
I will be very happy if you resolve these problems.

1. Japanese keyboard problem:
 1.1 Problem
    - Under score key does not work in guest FreeBSD-9-Current
    - No character is input when typing under score key on JP.106 type
      keyboard.
 1.2 Environment
    - I am using jp.106 layout keyboard. I set
         keymap=3D"jp.106x"
     in /etc/rc.conf. On console, Under score key is effective.
   - Using gnome 2.28 on FreeBSD 9-current.
     in order to type under score "_", I set a Xmodmap setting in
     /root/.xinitrc
           xmodmap -e "keycode 151 =3D backslash underscore kana_RO"
      This line works well. On gnome-terminal, I can input under score well=
.
    - About virtualbox, host is FreeBSD-9 Current, and Guest is also FreeBS=
      -9 Current.
    - /etc/rc.conf in Guest has the same keymap configuration:
         kyemap=3D"jp.106x"

  1.3 Related information
    - When searching resemble problems by Google, I have found a Japanese
       tips to input under score in guest OS on VMware on CentOS 5.2. It sa=
ys
       (1) This problem comes from Host OS, not from Guest OS.
       (2) On Cent OS(Host OS), you should set the following line
            in ~/.vmware/preference
               xkeymap.keycode.211=3D0x073

   1.4 Comments on this problem
      - I wonder if there is information like 1.3 on vmware or not.

2. Setting two CPU problem
 2.1 Problem
   - Hw is Intel Core2 Duo E7200. But on virtualbox configuration menu,
     I cannot select two CPU. Menu bar cannot move from "1CPU".
  2.2 Environment
    - Guest and Host is also FreeBSD 9-Current.
    - While compiling something on guest OS, when "system monitor" on
      gnome is running, we can see two CPU is working well for guest OS
      application.
    - Is the problem in 2.1  GUI problem?

Best regards,

Hideki Yamamoto