Date:      Wed, 02 Jan 2002 21:53:11 +0100
From:      Martin Ackermann <webmaster@schmetterling.nu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problem with 4.4-RC5

Ryan Thompson schrieb:

> Martin Ackermann wrote to freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I hope someone can help me!
> > I have riuning FreeBS 4.4-R5 (I know its not the newest) and I want to
> > update it by FTP but on every FTP-Server it came the warning:
> > "Can't find the "4.4-RC5" dstribution on this FTP server. [...]"
>
> 4.4-RELEASE is out. In sysinstall (on your mfsroot floppy, or
> /stand/sysinstall), go to the Options screen, and manually set your
> Release Name to 4.4-RELEASE. 4.4-RELEASE is on all of the general
> public mirrors. That should work for you.

When I change thsi it works fine, but everytime when I start
/stand/sysinstall and I want to update or download some packages I must
change it...
Where can I find the file in that it is defined ?!

And how can I get the path in the prompt of the Shell ?!?!
And how can I have colored ls-outputs ? :o)

Thx for every help ;D

Ciao
--
   Martin Ackermann       Fon: 0178/3328424       Fax: 035754/90784
E-Mail: martin@schmetterling.nu         WWW: http://www.schmetterling.nu