Date:      Mon, 18 Oct 2004 21:39:44 -0700
From:      "freebsd" <freebsd@paymentonline.net>
To:        "Vonleigh Simmons" <nospam@illusionart.com>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: 5.3-STABLE ????

I just got through updating 3 remote servers from 5.2.1 to RELENG_5.

Anyways, just follow the procedures in UPDATING, you do not have to be in
single user mode.  I would shut down everything you don't need though during
the installworld process especially.   Be careful running mergemaster.  I
usually merge everything that changes often or is configured differently
then the default by hand.  Nothing like accidentally installing the
temporary master.passwd file and not remembering you did it until after you
type reboot...

Chris