Date:      Fri, 03 Aug 2001 15:46:30 +0100
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: a little O/T, but D.V.D. drives&freeBSD

> ,----[ On Thu, Aug 02, at 05:57PM, Julian Elischer wrote: ]--------------
> | anyone had success watching a dvd?
> `----[ End Quote ]---------------------------
>
> ok, first and foremost, please, anyone else replying, reply to the list
> and not to me and please dont cc me, i am on the list. (i have to, i got
> a LOT of replies far after my answer was achieved last time) anyway, vlc
> is what you want, it works decently if you have a good video card, it
> simply reboots my -current laptop, so your milleage may vary, but there
> are numerous reports of successful usage. good luck. --gabe

This program doesn't seem to work very well at all.  It seems to
create a thread and set p_vout to NULL on line 95 of
vlc-0.2.81/src/video_decoder/vpar_synchro.c, then goes and
dereferences it on line 228 of
vlc-0.2.81/src/video_decoder/vpar_synchro.c.

If anyone's interested in committing it as a port, you can find the
necessary files at ftp://ftp.Awfulhak.org/pub/vlc-port.

--
Brian <brian@freebsd-services.com>                <brian@Awfulhak.org>
      http://www.freebsd-services.com/        <brian@[uk.]FreeBSD.org>