Date:      Fri, 02 Jun 2000 11:40:50 -0400
From:      Rob Furphy <rcf@ox.com>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@yogotech.com>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: can't remove directories?

I'd love this to have been already solved.
File.delete() and File.deleteOnExit() are using two different mechanisms
to perform the delete (I'm almost certain now).

File.deleteOnExit() was introduced in Java 1.2 so this particular
problem is -new- in the jvm code.  The call to deleteOnExit
puts your filename(or dir) into a list of things to
be deleted when the JVM exits.

That said, thanks for the encouragement Nate,  I appreciate it.
I'll look into this again if/when I have some time.

Rob F.