Date:      Fri, 14 Mar 1997 11:43:12 +0100 (MET)
From:      Andrzej Szydlo <andrzej@tu.kielce.pl>
To:        moke@fools.ecpnet.com (Jimbo Bahooli)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IPDIVERT

> On Thu, 13 Mar 1997, Andrzej Szydlo wrote:
>

> > > 	I'm wondering if anyone else here is using the DIVERT feature of
> > > ipfw.  It seems to be causing my system to reboot under both 2.2 and 3.0.
> > > This happens after natd 1.3 is run.  Anyone else having this problem?
> > >

> > I've been using DIVERT with natd 1.3 on 2.2 (150297) for 3 days now.
> > No problems so far, but I don't have much traffic passing through yet.
> > What else do you run on your server? Do you get any messages before
> > rebooting?
> >
> > Andrzej
>
> Not a single message, console just blanks and reboots.  It does not seem
> to matter on traffic that much.  Traffic seems to cause the reboot faster,
> but low traffic the reboot still comes. I am  going from ed0->natd->ppp0
> so maybe there is possibly some wierd quirk somewhere in there. Yet that
> seems the standard.

Now I have a problem, too. I run ed0->natd->ed1. Sometimes it catches 11
signal (segmentation violation) and dies. This doesn't harm anything else,
except for network connections, of course. More Traffic doesn't seem to
cause it to happen faster. I'm going to look into it today. Do you run
the newest 2.2?

Andrzej