Date:      Mon, 20 Jul 1998 11:09:48 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Derek Flowers <djflow@portwwwbus.tc.cc.va.us>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Problems installing FreeBSD-STABLE (?BETA)

I have a problem in that the XWindows distribution will not install.
Basically, I'm trying to conserve space by performing a Custom install.
This is what I'm choosing:
	bin
	compat1x
	compat20
	compat21
	des
		des
		krb
	dict
	doc
	info
	man
	catman
	ports
	XFree86
		bin
		cfg
		doc
		html
		lib
		man
		set
		SVGA Server
		VGA16 Server
		fnts
		fcyr
		fscl

Everything but the XFree86 is installed.  Even after rebooting, sysinstall
still refuses to install XFree86.  Am I doing something wrong?  I assume
that a package needed by XFree86 is not selected and refuses to install
until so selected.  Sysinstall will install XFree86 if all XFree86 is
selected.  I have even reinstalled FreeBSD using 2.2.7-980719-BETA but the
problem persists.  Any help is appreciated.

Derek Flowers
djflow@erols.com
http://portwwwbus.tc.cc.va.us/~djflow

"640K ought to be enough for anybody."