Date:      Mon, 26 Jan 2004 10:05:36 -0800
From:      "Goodleaf, John M" <jgoodlea@fhcrc.org>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "'freebsd-java@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-java@freebsd.org>
Subject:   OT: Roller blogger trouble?

Hello,

Is anyone running the Roller Weblogger? (It's a Java/Struts based blog
program.) I have FreeBSD 4.9, with a fresh install of Tomcat 5.0.16. It
works and serves its root page quite nicely, also the manager page, which is
pretty cool. I've tried to install Roller 0.9.8.1. There's not much to it,
but I can't get it to work. The manager interface registers it, but it won't
start up. The log shows a bunch of lines I believe relate to the problem.
They say

INFO  2004-01-21 16:24:50,809 IndexManager:getFSDirectory - Problem
accessing index directory
java.io.IOException: Cannot create directory: /nonexistent/roller-index

So roller is trying to create a directory on /nonexistent, which doesn't.
(The Tomcat server is owned by www.) So what should I do? I'd like to change
the root directory for Roller, so that I can let it create its index
somewhere else, but I'm not sure how to do that. Someone on the roller
mailing list suggested I could do that in roller-config.xml though I see now
directive for that purpose, nor a relevant comment.

Ideas?
Thanks,
John

PS I'm not subscribed to freebsd-java, so please CC me.