Date:      Thu, 18 Jan 2001 17:28:47 +1100 (EST)
From:      Iain Templeton <iain@research.canon.com.au>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   More target mode observations

Following up to myself with a bit more info,

I played around a little bit more, and discovered that yes, we do have
some atio's waiting, and if we get a bus reset one of these gets sent
back.

I also discovered that ahc_intr() never gets called during the rescan of
the bus whilst in target mode. To me at least this would suggest that
the controller is never being selected, or failing that the controller
is never telling the device driver that it has been selected.

Unfortunately we do not have any hardware here for examining SCSI
busses, otherwise I could find out whether the controller was responding
to the select with BSY (well, we have the logic analyser, but nothing to
plug it in with).

The other thing is that I only get bus reset intermittantly, which
worries me. By this I mean that I can do a camcontrol reset <bus> on one
machine, and the other machine doesn't always pick it up (I don't get
the "Somebody reset bus %d" message).

I doubt this helps particularly much though.

--
Iain