Date:      Tue, 15 Sep 1998 15:33:40 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Khan Khalid M <kmk2@mundania.eng.wayne.edu>
To:        free bsd <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Request please...

Hello,

I am tring to learn how the encryption system works...
I gave a passwd of "aabbcc" and wrote the passwd cryption
and then changed it to something else and back again. Then two
crypt of the same password was drifferent. I am tring find how
does the system check the passwd for user loging on to the system,
when encryption are drifferent. Or does it more then one encrypt
system ????

So where can i find some reading info .. so that i can find
how this is working. And also where can i get the code for
passwd.c

-Thanks
-Khalid Khan
 student@wayne-state-un