Date:      Thu, 19 Jul 2001 16:34:54 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jacob Frelinger <jolly@gibbon.kungfumonkey.com>
To:        Kevin Oberman <oberman@es.net>
Cc:        KT Sin <ktsin@acm.org>, Gabriel Rocha <grocha@geeksimplex.org>, <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Watching DVD's in -stable

On Thu, 19 Jul 2001, Kevin Oberman wrote:

> This looks great! Of course, importing it into the US probably is a
> violation of the DMCA.
>
> It will take some work to port it to FreeBSD as it has significant
> Linuxisms. It requires GNUmake (minor issue) but then tries to include
> many header files from /linux. Someone (maybe me) will have to figure
> out where to get these files or what the FreeBSD replacements and
> attendant massaging of the source might be.
>
> For anyone who is familiar with the issues:
> regenerating dependencies for vout_fb.c
> gcc -I../../include -I../../extras  -DSYS_FREEBSD4_3   -Iinclude -Iextras -I/usr/local/include -Wall -Winline -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -O3 -ffast-math -funroll-loops -fomit-frame-pointer -march=pentium -mcpu=pentium -DPLUGIN -fPIC -c -o vout_fb.o vout_fb.c
> vout_fb.c:43: linux/fb.h: No such file or directory
> vout_fb.c:44: linux/vt.h: No such file or directory
> vout_fb.c:45: linux/kd.h: No such file or directory
> gmake[1]: *** [vout_fb.o] Error 1
> gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/home/oberman/utils/vlc-0.2.80/plugins/fb'
> gmake: *** [lib/fb.so] Error 2
>
> It's quite possible that the fb module is not even relevant to
> FreeBSD. Clues to what fb is in Linux appreciated.

there has been significan't improvements for freeBSD in thier CVS tree.
download one of the daily snapshots and try that.  i've got one from july
7th running just fine on 4.3-stable.

it does require modifing some variables on the makefiles, but other then
that it runs happily.
--
Jacob "I'm Brainy For Zombie Pops" Frelinger
Resident Psycho http://www.thecoffinclub.com