Date:      Fri, 06 Jul 2001 15:07:50 +1200
From:      Richard B Mahoney <RBM49@student.canterbury.ac.nz>
To:        Subscribers to freebsd-hardware <freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   AMD's Athlon MP & Tyan's Thunder K7

Dear Readers,

Thanks for the answers I received -- on and off list -- to
the question of whether the i840 motherboard is worthwhile.
In short, it seems that it is not.

My next question, then, is whether AMD's Dual Athlon MP
& Tyan's Thunder K7 are generally available. And, if they
are, if anyone has successfully used them with 4.3-RELEASE.

I have read a positive review of this combination at:

 http://accelenation.com/?doc=2&page=1

They seem well-suited for a high-end workstation which
promises not to beggar me ... well, not quite. :-)

Any comments?

Many regards,

 Richard Mahoney

--
| 78 Jeffreys Rd                                 +64-3-351-5831 |