Date:      Mon, 5 Jun 2006 22:41:09 +0100
From:      Daniel Bye <freebsd-questions@slightlystrange.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: AC97 sound card on 6.1

--jI8keyz6grp/JLjh

On Mon, Jun 05, 2006 at 05:03:46PM -0400, Dave wrote:
> Hello,
>    I'm atempting to get an integrated AC97 sound card working under 6.1. =
I=20
> know this card works, loading the snd_driver module finds it, but i do no=
t=20
> know which actual module works it over. I'd rather not have to load 26=20
> sound modules just the ones i actually need. I've checked /boot/kernel/sn=
d*=20
> but didn't find anything AC97 and googling showed that others had asked,=
=20
> but no clear answer. If anyone has this going i'd appreciate hearing abou=
t=20
> it, and also any difficulties with quality or getting applications going.
> Thanks.
> Dave.

cat /dev/sndstat

will tell you which loaded driver actually attached to the device.

It's in the Multimedia section of the handbook.

Dan

--=20
Daniel Bye

PGP Key: http://www.slightlystrange.org/pgpkey-dan.asc
PGP Key fingerprint: D349 B109 0EB8 2554 4D75  B79A 8B17 F97C 1622 166A
                                                                     _
                                              ASCII ribbon campaign ( )
                                         - against HTML, vCards and  X
                                - proprietary attachments in e-mail / \