Date:      Sat, 24 Jun 1995 20:10:38 +0100
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freebsd.org>
To:        Charles Henrich <henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Creating iso9660 filesystems:mkisofs

> The mkisofs that comes with 2.0.5-R is apparently broken, an assertian fails in
> some chunk of code.  Now I find this odd because I just took the stock code off
> tsx-11 and built it and it didnt require a single change, and worked as
> advertised (I've made many cd's off it).  My question is did someone try and
> tweak the code in the FreeBSD tree?

The assertions were added as a second pass and can always be removed,
but they were added because the code actually _doesn't_ do the right
thing in the case where you haven't specified some flag and are making
an image of some bits that do, in fact, require it.  The entire option
handling section of mkisofs is broken and mutant.

					Jordan