Date:      Thu, 27 Mar 1997 07:34:44 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Paul T. Root" <proot@horton.iaces.com>
To:        metcalf@snet.net (Jeffrey M. Metcalf)
Cc:        Jeffrey_M._Metcalf@ccmail.bms.com, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Installing 2.2.1-RELEASE

In a previous message, Jeffrey M. Metcalf said:
> Hello,
>
> I have recently installed the 2.2-RELEASE on my machine and have would like
> upgrade swiftly to the 2.2.1-RELEASE.  I would like the upgrade to be as
> quick as
> possible.  What is the minimal set of distributions that have changed?
> From my
> reading of the 2.2.1-RELEASE release notes, I am guessing that the only
> distributions that have changed are bin and src.  Since I only have the
> kernel
> sources on my machine, I guess I only need to reinstall bin and src/sys.
> Is this
> right?

I don't know this one. But what kind of link to you have to the internet?
I upgraded a machine from 2.1.7 to 2.1.7.1 yesterday over my T1. It took
about an hour.

> Also, when should I place an order with Walnut Creek if I want to get the
> 2.2.1 CDROM?

How about right now? Just call them and say you want to start a subscription
and start it with the 2.2 CD (which if I read the release message yesterday
right) will be the 2.2.1.

Paul.

--
"If I knew what horse would win, I wouldn't be riding. I'd be betting."
          --Don Brumfield, jockey, to a fan when asked to pick a winner