Date:      Wed, 20 Jul 2005 16:43:14 +0200
From:      Miroslav Lachman <000.fbsd@quip.cz>
To:        freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Most wanted packet filter

Roger Grosswiler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i would like to know, which "firewall" is most wanted under freebsd. is it
> ipfw or is it ipf?
>
> i imagine, both have their advantages, but i would like to try first the
> most used because of support - poor rookie, i :-D
>
> Roger

Few years ago I started with IPFW on my home router / development-server
(Cable internet connection and about 5 computers in LAN), last year I
try IPF on similar setup in our office. Few month ago I try to setup PF
on "webhosting server" and I must say "I Love PF" :o)

Which one is the best for you depends on your needs not on your skills.
All of them have man & HowTos & disccusions all over the internet.

--
Miroslav Lachman
Webapplication Developer