Date:      Sun, 3 Mar 2002 13:47:57 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Kirk McKusick <mckusick@mckusick.com>
Cc:        Ian Dowse <iedowse@maths.tcd.ie>, Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>, Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>, Finch <dot@dotat.at>, fs@FreeBSD.ORG, fanf@chiark.greenend.org.uk
Subject:   Re: UFS panic on -stable

--UFHRwCdBEJvubb2X

On Sun, Mar 03, 2002 at 11:17:04AM -0800, Kirk McKusick wrote:

> Of the recent changes that I have been involved with, the one
> above is the one that I would be most suspicious of. The problems
> seem to be showing up independent of soft updates, and the
> VOP_INACTIVE one is the only change of mine that would have
> that property.

There seem to be about half a dozen panics I'm seeing here.  The
evidence so far does not contradict the hypothesis that the
VOP_INACTIVE change is responsible for some of them, but for example
one of the cluster machines double faulted again last night, and it
was running a kernel which does not have that change.  One of the
alpha machines experienced a different UFS panic the other day too.

It looks like there were some serious bugs introduced into 4.x around
the 4.5 timeframe.

Kris

--UFHRwCdBEJvubb2X

--UFHRwCdBEJvubb2X--