Date:      Tue, 20 Jun 2000 21:43:22 +1000
From:      marcus@redcentre.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Ports problem

Hi,

I've been getting the following error from an attempt to build nocol
(and others).  Would somebody be able to explain where the error is
occuring?  I've downloaded the package file /usr/ports/distfiles
directory.

Marcus

> cd nocol
> make
>> .tar.gz doesn't seem to exist on this system.
>> Attempting to fetch from http://www.netplex-
tech.com/software/nocol/downloads/.
fetch: .tar.gz: www.netplex-tech.com: HTTP server returned error code
404
>> Attempting to fetch from
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/distfiles//.
fetch: pub/FreeBSD/distfiles//.tar.gz: cannot get remote modification
time
fetch: ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/distfiles//.tar.gz: FTP
error:
fetch: File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access)
>> Couldn't fetch it - please try to retrieve this
>> port manually into /usr/ports/distfiles/ and try again.
*** Error code 1