Date:      Tue, 29 Aug 2006 09:48:19 -0400
From:      beno <zope@2012.vi>
To:        Bill Marquette <bill.marquette@gmail.com>,  freebsd-pf@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Exceeded Allotted Memory

Bill Marquette wrote:
> On 8/28/06, beno <zope@2012.vi> wrote:
>> Hi;
>> In trying to enable/run my pf ruleset with a rather large <spamd> table
>> I get an error that states that table is too large to load into memory.
>
> What's your definition of "rather large"?
1093632 bytes

>> What memory? What do I need to free up?
>
> System memory and who knows until we know system specs and what
> "rather large" is defined as.  As has been pointed out in some of your
> help you.
I wish I could say you're the only people to have pointed that out <g>.
I suppose some people are better equipped for computer programming than
others, just like some are better equipped for basketball than others,
and this is my Achilles Heel. Not by way of excuse, just by way of
waking up to the same problem repeatedly. At any rate, what info do you
need?

server167# df
Filesystem         1K-blocks     Used   Avail Capacity  Mounted on
/dev/mirror/gm0s1a  75481758 64151300 5291918    92%    /
devfs                      1        1       0   100%    /dev
devfs                      1        1       0   100%    /var/named/dev

server167# du -s /etc/
5536    /etc/

OS: FreeBSD 6.1
TIA,