Date:      Tue, 30 Sep 1997 11:29:57 +0930
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        David.Botton@grace.com
Cc:        mike@smith.net.au, cliff@cliffsworld.com, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: help help I'm being repressed

> Thanks, I didn't know you could change the channel on the SBs, but If
> he already has 2 channels (like that found on most motherboards) he
> wouldn't be able to change it unless he can disable one of the channels
> on the MB or card.

You fail to understand.  Use Userconfig (ie. boot with -c as documented
in the installation instructions) to modify the base address and IRQ
settings assigned to the 'wdc1' driver such that the IDE interface on
the SB card is found instead of the second onboard IDE channel.

This really belongs on -questions.