Date:      Thu, 27 Feb 1997 02:57:31 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Andrew <andrew@ugh.net.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Error Mounting during install

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to install 2.1.7 on a 386SX16 with two IDE hard drives (420
> and 310 meg). The 420MB drive has a 90 meg DOS partition. I
> partition and label my drives with no reported errors...including on the
> debug screen. However later when sysinstall does the disklabel and tries
> to mount the slices top put the distribution on I get:
>
> Error mounting wd1s1e/dev//mnt on /mnt/usr: No such file or directory.

You have a very early version of the 2.1.7 boot.flp image which was
actually overwritten some 4 hours after the first one was mistakenly
put up.  If you do not have this MD5 signature for your boot.flp image:

	MD5 (boot.flp) = 919acc966ca45eb0f808acad1fdf138e

Then you should fetch a new one from ftp.freebsd.org.  I'm quite surprised
that the old image still exists anywhere. :(

					Jordan