Date:      Wed, 20 Oct 1999 05:05:09 -0400 (EDT)
From:      matt <matt@BabCom.ORG>
To:        Ruslan Ermilov <ru@ucb.crimea.ua>
Cc:        FreeBSD-STABLE <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: ipfw rule wrong in rc.firewall(?)

On Wed, 20 Oct 1999, Ruslan Ermilov wrote:
[...]
: You took these rules from the wrong place, they belong to the `client'
: section, while you are talking about the server side.

Argh.. that is what I get for paging thru the file in a rush.

[...]
: Yes, src/etc/rc.firewall is incomplete, it misses two rules for incoming
: UDP queries.

Well, I guess I was not *totally* wrong, which is a minor miricle.

: # Allow access to our DNS
: allow tcp from any to ${oip} 53 setup	# zone transfers
: allow udp from any to ${oip} 53		# incoming DNS queries (missing)
: allow udp from ${oip} 53 to any		# answers to these queries (missing)
:
: # Allow DNS queries out in the world
: allow udp from ${oip} to any 53		# outgoing DNS queries
: allow udp from any 53 to ${oip}		# answers to these queries
:
:
: --
: Ruslan Ermilov		Sysadmin and DBA of the
: ru@ucb.crimea.ua	United Commercial Bank,
: ru@FreeBSD.org		FreeBSD committer,
: +380.652.247.647	Simferopol, Ukraine
:
: http://www.FreeBSD.org	The Power To Serve
: http://www.oracle.com	Enabling The Information Age
:

--
"If the primates that we came from had known that someday politicians
 would come out of the...the gene pool, they'd a stayed up in the trees