Date:      Sat, 06 Feb 1999 18:46:24 +0900
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To:        Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
Cc:        Niall Smart <nsmart@kira.team400.ie>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: O.S. Resource Center

Curt Sampson wrote:

> >       "The Operating System Resource Center"
> >       http://www.skylab.org/~sabre/os/index.html
>
> That should be renamed the `OSes that Use i386 Hardware Resource
> Centre.' There's nothing on OpenProm, for example, despite the fact
> that it's used on many machines with many operating systems. And
> let's not get into the lack of information on memory management
> for any CPU but the i386 series....

It also lacks any information on... UFS/FFS! Nothing on stackable
filesystems, I didn't see anything on efforts like flux &
microkernels (though I may not have looked in the right places for
this)... But I suppose they are just starting, and this is due to
ignorance, not prejudice.

They do ask for useful links.

--
Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)
dcs@newsguy.com

	Well, as a computer geek, I have to believe in the binary universe.