Date:      Fri, 2 Aug 2002 08:15:38 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Danny Schales <dan@coes.LaTech.edu>
To:        Andrew Tulloch <andrewt@great4.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cyrus-imapd cyradm

Yes, I just ran into it this morning.  It also does it using a perl script
I wrote that uses Cyrus::IMAP::Admin.
After trussing the process, I realized it was waiting on TTY IO, so I
tried typing my password and it worked.  It's got to be something with
the stdio changes.  It's reading the input for the password before the
prompt is displayed.

Danny

On Fri, 2 Aug 2002, Andrew Tulloch wrote:

> Has anyone running RELENG_4_6 noticed cyradm (perl based? admin util from
> the cyrus-imapd port) stopping working? I upgraded a machine the other day
> (and again since then!), which runs postfix,cyrus-sasl and cyrus-imapd and
> everything seemed fine, users collecting/sending mail. I then went to create
> a new mailbox for a user to find cyradm had stopped working, it just seems
> to hang where it usually presents a password prompt. After getting fed up
> one tmie waiting to see if it was going to do anything at all I just hit a
> few letters and enter a few times and got:
> cyradm -u **** x.x.x.x
>

> assertion "text->maxbuf > 0" failed: file "digestmd5.c", line 1497
> Please enter your password: Abort trap (core dumped)
>
> Unfortunately I didn't take note of the exact date of the previous build,
> but I believe is was before the build up to the 4.6.1 point release, because
> the machine still had the older ssh.
>
> Anyone had this problem? and preferably found the solution? :)
>
> Thanks,
> Andrew

Daniel Schales             Louisiana Tech University
Network/Unix Administrator Computing Center
dan@LaTech.edu        (318) 257-2893