Date:      Sat, 24 Aug 1996 11:01:42 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Ken Marsh <durang@u.washington.edu>
To:        Francisco Reyes <reyes01@ibm.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: How to format a floppy disk for FreeBSD?

On Sat, 24 Aug 1996, Francisco Reyes wrote:

> I tried the FAQ, the Handbook and the Email archives and could not
> find how to format a floppy disk for FreeBSD. I did find how to mount
> it for DOS though.

Here's the comment from /etc/disktab about floppies:
# To make a filesystem on a floppy:
#
# with <opts>:
#       -t 2    - two heads
#       -u 9|15|18 - sectors per track
#       (using the default value of 1/4096 is not much useful for
floppies)
#       -l 1    - interleave 1 (for most floppies)
#       -i 65536 - bytes of data per i-node
#       (the default -i value will render you with a floppy wasting way
#       too much space in i-node areas)

Ken