Date:      Fri, 21 Apr 1995 01:25:12 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>
To:        Charles Henrich <henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Help! Pinnacle Micro Recordable CD!

> Jordon, I've used mkisofs and im curious how it the FreeBSD driver works, how
> would you go through the steps of taking a UFS tree and generating an ISO dis
> off a writer attached to the box?

cd /your/tree
mkisofs -i -T -r -p -z -q -m -w -l -Z -o <some filename>
dd if=<some filename> of=/dev/<your_burner>

Assuming, of course, that FreeBSD supports talking to your_burner at a
constant minimum data rate (the hard part, and something Peter Dufault
has been working on).  Myself, I take the image that mkisofs spits out
and simply ftp it to the burner machine, which runs DOS and a TCP/IP stack.

						Jordan

P.S.  All the mkisofs options except -o are bogus - I'm just making
fun of its strange and arcane *required* optional arguments! :-)