Date:      Thu, 22 Sep 2011 21:17:50 +0000 (UTC)
From:      Miod Vallat <miod@online.fr>
To:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ofw syscons brightness patch

> +		/* Scale by 17, so it's a range of 0-12.  Also, from OpenBSD's source,
> +		 * 0x34 is the minimum brightness allowed before the backlight shuts off.

I wrote that code long ago. It was tested on an early iBook G3, and
found out to not work (i.e. the OFW method does nothing or does not
exist) on most of the TiBook and recent iBook of the 2002-2005 years.

I have no idea if more recent models behave any better, but in any case
do not expect this to work on all systems.

Miod