Date:      Wed, 29 Jan 1997 11:22:08 -0800 (PST)
From:      George Yobst <george@lincc.lincc.lib.or.us>
To:        Peter Czanik <czanik@fang.fa.gau.hu>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: nfs

On Wed, 29 Jan 1997, Peter Czanik wrote:

> Hi,
> 	I have a strange problem with nfs. I have changed IP numbers from
> one number to another in /etc/exports, to allow a different host to
> read/write from my machine. Restarted nfsd with a kill -HUP, and tried to
> mount the volume. I got "permission denied" message. Then tried showmount,
> and it turned out, that nfsd still uses the old IP numbers. I thought
> that, a with a reboot, it will be OK. But when I issued the showmount
> command, it still displayed the old IP numbers. Then I tried to mount from
> that machine with no succes. Does anyone has any explonation for this
> strange behaviour? Thanx for your help,
> 	Peter

I did the same type kind of thing and found that when I was originally
configuring, I had put an 'ifconfig alias' into my /etc/rc.local.  Took
that out, rebooted and waalaah!
George Yobst, System Manager              email: george@lincc.lib.or.us
LINCC                                     phone: 503-655-8550
16239 SE McLoughlin Blvd, Suite 208         fax: 503-655-8555
Oak Grove, OR 97267-4654              webmaster: [www.]lincc.lib.or.us
"...it is impossible for anyone to begin to learn
 what he thinks he already knows."  - Epictetus