Date:      Fri, 5 May 1995 02:12:54 -0700
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami | =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCQHUbKEI=?= =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCOCsbKEIgGyRCOC0bKEI=?=)
To:        krebs@faps.uni-erlangen.de
Cc:        FreeBSD-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: How to contribute packages?

 * I have built a package for interviews 3.1 with shared and static libs.
 * It depends mainly on a set of patches, that have been posted recently to
 * comp.windows.interviews.
 *
 * I have also another package, that is a little x-based process-monitor written
 * by myself.

There is already a port of interviews in ports/x11/iv but it's
seriously broken so you're very welcome to contribute a working
version.

The way we do the ports are a little different from the past, the
actual source is kept (or ftp'd on the fly) as a tarball and we only
have a few files in /usr/ports/<category>/<port>.  The packages
available on ftp.freebsd.org are compiled from these ports.

Please take a look at some of the existing packages and see if you can
make something of that form.  Since you say you actually build the
packages so you presumably already have the packing list and one-line
descriptions, so all you need to do is to write a Makefile, make sure
the patches are in the correct form, and write some auxiliary scripts
(only if necessary).

I'll be more than happy to assist you along the way.

Satoshi (the current ports administrator)