Date:      Tue, 6 Oct 1998 14:20:06 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Heinz Bauschke <hbauschk@math.uwaterloo.ca>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        sgkruk@mercator.math.uwaterloo.ca (Serge G. Kruk), bauschke@cecm.sfu.ca (Heinz Bauschke)
Subject:   possible contribution to handbook

TITLE: How to Install Maple on FreeBSD

LOCATION: should go as 23.3 in the Linux Emulation Section.

CONTRIBUTED BY: Heinz Bauschke (bauschke@cecm.sfu.ca) and
		Serge Kruk (sgkruk@acm.org)

We describe how to set up Maple for FreeBSD in eight easy steps.
We tried this procudere for Maple V Release 5 on CD Rom for
Linux for FreeBSD 2.2.6 and 2.2.7.

Step 1: In your /etc/rc.conf file, you must have
	linux_enable="YES".

Step 2: Add the linux_lib (either as port or as package)
	(Please add a pointer to "Linux Emulation".)

Step 3: Mount the CD Rom: mount -t cd9660 /dev/wcd0c /cdrom

Step 4: mkdir /usr/local maple

Step 5: /cdrom/INSTALL

Step 6: In the file /usr/local/maple/bin/maple.system.type, locate the
	part
		"Linux")
		MAPLE_BIN+"bin_IBM_INTEL_LINUX"
		;;

Step 7: Change "Linux") to "Linux|FreeBSD")

Step 8: Start Maple by /usr/local/maple/bin/maple and enjoy!