Date:      Sun, 20 Aug 2000 20:51:49 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Gary Kline <kline@thought.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   build of sys/modules bombs...

   Can anybody give  me some clues here?

   The modules can't find sys/time.h, but it is there.  Could the links
   be messed up?  After I did

     # make buildworld

   I did a successful make buildkernel KERNEL=GENERIC, then, cd'd to
   /sys/modules and a make install; the following happened.

   I *did*  do a make clean before in /sys/modules before the make install.
   That was not in the UPDATING file.

===> accf_data
Warning: Object directory not changed from original /usr/src/sys/modules/accf_da
ta
cc -O -pipe  -DKERNEL -Wreturn-type -Wcomment -Wredundant-decls -Wimplicit  -Wne
sted-externs -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes  -Wpointer-arith -Winline
-Wuninitialized -Wformat -Wunused  -fformat-extensions -ansi -DKLD_MODULE -nostd
inc -I-  -I/usr/src/sys/modules/accf_data -I/usr/src/sys/modules/accf_data/@ -c
/usr/src/sys/modules/accf_data/../../netinet/accf_data.c
In file included from /usr/src/sys/modules/accf_data/@/sys/proc.h:52,
from /usr/src/sys/modules/accf_data/../../netinet/accf_data.c:35:
/usr/src/sys/modules/accf_data/@/sys/time.h:289: time.h: No such file or directory

   So far I'm further along that I'd thought.   Does anybody know the
   magic incantation to help me?

   gary

--
   Gary D. Kline         kline@tao.thought.org          Public service Unix