Date:      Tue, 5 Oct 2004 16:05:28 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Konrad Heuer <kheuer2@gwdg.de>
To:        Rafa Teixeira <rafa_teixeira@pop.com.br>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD

On Tue, 5 Oct 2004, Rafa Teixeira wrote:

> I'm from Brasil and I would like to know what kind of scheduling FreeBSD
> uses. Can you help me?
>
> If you didn't understand my question, please tell me!!
>
> I'm waiting for your answer!

FreeBSD 4.x uses the 4.4BSD scheduler which is a multilevel feedback queue
scheduler. FreeBSD 5.x may use a different scheduler as an alternative
with better behaviour concerning multi-threaded processes, but I don't
know the details.

Best regards

Konrad Heuer
GWDG, Am Fassberg, 37077 Goettingen, Germany, kheuer2@gwdg.de