Date:      Tue, 12 May 1998 16:57:48 +0100 (BST)
From:      Scott Mitchell <scott@dcs.qmw.ac.uk>
To:        Chris Martino <chrismar@peanut.readington.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Compiling

Chris Martino said:
>Hi,
>I'm trying to compile some simple c++ programs that I've written, and I
>need to include some of the header files in /usr/include/g++/.  I would I
>go about adding that to my path so I don't have to put g++/whatever.h in
>my .c file.
>
>Thanks!
>Chris

Your C++ source files should have a .C or .cc extension -- this is how gcc
knows what to compile them as.  If it thinks it's compiling C++, it will
look in /usr/include/g++ by default.

You'll probably find it useful to run 'g++' rather than plain old 'gcc' to
compile C++ -- the former automatically links against libg++ whereas gcc
doesn't.

	Scott.