Date:      Mon, 27 Jun 2005 11:06:00 -0400
From:      Bart Silverstrim <bsilverstrim@athensasd.org>
To:        Alistair Sutton <alistair.sutton@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: portmanager, amavis update problem

On Jun 27, 2005, at 11:02 AM, Alistair Sutton wrote:

> On 27/06/05, Bart Silverstrim <bsilverstrim@athensasd.org> wrote:
>> There seems to be a dependency loop occuring on our server when trying
>> to do an upgrade; is there a way to force the update and rebuild
>> dependencies?  Below is a snippet of output (please let me know if
>> more
>> of the update info is needed...)
>
> <snip output>
>
> The output seems to suggest that p5-Mail-SpamAssassin-3.0.4 isn't
> installed and as such portmanager wants to install it.
>
> Why it is looping the build I don't know.
>
> Have you tried manualling installing the amavisd-new port? If there is
> a problem with the dependencies then manually installing the port
> should pull in SpamAssassin without any problems and portmanager
> should no longer need to rebuild it thus allowing it to continue on
> upgrading anything else.

right now it looks like after manually deinstalling/reinstalling a
couple of the perl modules Amavis depends on (well, spamassassin) it
builds, but there's a problem with a MIME module or something depending
thereof :-/

I get mime_decode-1 FAILED errors in the amavis logs.

Is there a way to rebuild amavis and all the perl modules it uses
easily?