Date:      Mon, 13 Jul 1998 18:12:25 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>
To:        Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
Cc:        Jeremy Domingue <jer@hughes.net>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Disgruntled Linux User... questions about FreeBSD

On Mon, 13 Jul 1998, Wes Peters wrote:

> NAME BRAND does not mean QUALITY.  The number of users on the
> FreeBSD lists over the years who have blamed various stupid
> prolblems on FreeBSD because they spent mega-$$$ on Gateway,
> Dell, Compaq, IBM, etc., systems is astonishing.

I even hear quite a few NT users coming to the realization that a
lot of hardware is just plain broken.  These days Name Brand
buying is only relevant at the component level, and even then a
number of reputable manufacturers have some real duds to avoid in
their product lines.

> You won't find a discussion of SMP on the -current list, because SMP
> isn't in the -current release.  You'll have to ask questions of this
> nature in the freebsd-current mailing list.

The first two mentions of -current should be -stable I believe.

-john