Date:      Mon, 02 May 2005 08:29:18 -0700
From:      "Hamell, Rick (ACS)" <rick.hamell@nike.com>
To:        "Chuck Robey" <chuckr@chuckr.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bragging rights

>> It's a big grey Antec case witha side thats clear, so it has a fan
>> there.  I've sprayed clear/blue UV spray all over the plastic, so the
>> lit up side mounted fan there flouresces the plastic very nicely.  The
>> system has two fans in front, two in the rear, one on the side, and
>> two on the two AMD64 processors.  The fans are all speed-controlled,
>> so I don't have to listen to the end of the world vibrating itself to
>> death here on my desktop, it's actually very quiet.  The two CPU fans
>> are very quiet ones, Thermaltake's, but I forget the model number, so
>> I will just say that they works at fairly low rpms to keep the noise
>> down.  Each of those cpus is equipped with a Gig of ram from Corsair.

Hmmm... Any one know if it's possible to get a speed controlled fan for a
3Com III Switch? Mine is going bad and since it's located in the living room
makes for some slight problems. I've yet to tear the thing apart mostly
because it's in a live environment. (Almost said production but
realistically all I produce is crap. :)

--

Rick Hamell
ACS-Inc.