Date:      Sun, 27 Apr 2014 14:55:03 +0400
From:      Roman Bogorodskiy <novel@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Peter Grehan <grehan@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-virtualization@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Understanding CPU and memory usage in Bhyve

--H8ygTp4AXg6deix2

  Peter Grehan wrote:

> Hi Roman,
>=20
> > But the summary is: is there a way to figure out how much CPU time
> > bhyve and the guest spends on host CPUs N (N =3D 0, 1, ...)?
>=20
>   I don't think FreeBSD records that for a process, and bhyve doesn't=20
> record the guest vCPU time on individual host CPUs (it's an aggregate=20
> over all CPUs).
>=20
>   Do you know if Linux supports that ?

As far as I understand, Linux supports that through Cgroups,
specifically, quoting:

http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/15/html/Resource_Management_Guid=
e/sec-cpuacct.html

cpuacct.usage_percpu
reports the CPU time (in nanoseconds) consumed on each CPU by all tasks
in this cgroup (including tasks lower in the hierarchy).=20

Roman Bogorodskiy

--H8ygTp4AXg6deix2

--H8ygTp4AXg6deix2--