Date:      Mon, 30 Dec 2002 22:21:29 -0600 (CST)
From:      Mike Silbersack <silby@silby.com>
To:        Eugene Grosbein <eugen@grosbein.pp.ru>
Cc:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>, "" <net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ep(4) does not support mediaopt full-duplex

On Tue, 31 Dec 2002, Eugene Grosbein wrote:

> So I conclude 3C589D does support full duplex at the hardware level.
>
> Eugene Grosbein

Ok, I'm getting confused here...

You say you're using a 3C589D, which is detected by if_ep_pccard.c as
such:

        case 0x9058: /* 3C589 */
                return ("3Com Etherlink III 3C589");

However, in if_xlreg.h, I see us define the following:

#define TC_DEVICEID_CYCLONE_10_100_COMBO        0x9058

Are these actually both the same card, or are PCI and PCCARD IDs
unrelated?  If they are the same card, then clearly the solution is to
make if_xl work with the card instead of if_ep. :)

Mike "Silby" Silbersack