Date:      Mon, 3 Feb 2003 13:44:48 -0500
From:      Brodie Hynes <bsdml@comphydro.com>
To:        Geoff Buckingham <geoffb@chuggalug.clues.com>, freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Alphaserver 800 RAM

I called Digital/Compaq a while ago about this, but for a DEC Server 3305,
which as I understand is the same hardware as the AS800.

And as far as the tech could find in manuals when I called,
just standard 3.3v ECC EDO DIMMs. -> buffered 60ns
but I'm pretty sure he did say 50ns would work as well.
but not to mix the timings within the banks.
(and have identical sticks within the banks as well)

This was confirmed on this list June 27, 2001
by Brett Bump who got his ram from Coast-to-coast memory.
he said "You want the 60ns 3.3v ecc "Buffered" EDO dimms."
http://docs.freebsd.org/mail/archive/2001/freebsd-alpha/20010701.freebsd-alpha.html
messages 14(my question) and 15(Brett's reply).

I've been considering the ram at kahlon.com.  It's are 50ns, but
haven't gotten them yet.  I'll mention it when I do.

-Brodie