Date:      Thu, 29 Jul 1999 18:09:57 -0700 (PDT)
From:      The Utz Family <utz@serv.net>
To:        "James C. Durham" <durham@w2xo.pgh.pa.us>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Where is Gogo? I cant find it! Re: Gogo vs. Bladeenc, Part II

Ok,

 so the final wrapup on this would be to find out if matt's machine
shows the same performance ratio enhancement over blade and lame as James'
machine does.

that would eliminate the additional 4dimensional matrix operations(mmx,
3dnow) as the source for gogo's performance win.

*if* it *still* has the same speedup, then one must ask how fast one could
do a conversion using code that takes advantage of the hardware matrix
ops?

just pondering! :-)

john