Date:      Mon, 26 Apr 1999 12:13:43 -0500
From:      Ade Lovett <ade@remarq.com>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Network problem with Laptop/Current.

[cc list trimmed somewhat]

On Mon, Apr 26, 1999 at 10:05:04AM -0600, Nate Williams wrote:
> > Rest assured that I'm working on the pcic/pccard stuff right now
> > and should have stage one of newbusification done early this week.
> > Phase one is where minimal cahnges are done to get rid of unstable
> > interrupt hacking that it is doing which used to be right, but now is
> > bogus.  Phase two will be much more radical, hopefully obviating the
> > need for pccardd in most cases.
>
> Go Warner Go!

Does phase 2 include the initial beginnings of support for multifunction
pccards?  At the very least, some infrastructure to allow devices to
request a second IO window would be very useful -- at the moment, the
xe Xircom driver needs some relatively disgusting hacks to claim other
16 byte IO window, hampered by the fact that pcic_io() always seems to
return success for a window mapping, even if the range happens to be
being used by another (eg: ISA) device.

-aDe

--
Ade Lovett, RemarQ Communities, Inc., San Jose, CA.
mailto:ade@remarq.com   http://www.remarq.com