Date:      Wed, 18 Oct 1995 09:07:59 +0100 (MET)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        hackers@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Pending crisis in packages/All/...

As Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> 	mksiofs can't hack it.
>
> mkisofs breaks badly on a directory containing as many symlinks as the
> packages/All directory does, and last time I was not able to get
> packages/All on the CDROM because of it.  To not be able to do

How can i reproduce it?

I don't have the IP link to suck all that stuff right now.  I've
quickly created a directory structure containing 400 zero length files
scattered throughout 10 directories, accompanied by symlinks into one
"central" directory.

mkisofs handled that image fine.  Do i have to take longer file names?
Non-zero files?

I think fixing mkisofs is the most useful solution.  All your options
are grrr..., so why not use that one?

--
cheers, J"org