Date:      Tue, 5 Aug 2003 16:18:44 -0700
From:      Michael Haro <perl@netmug.org>
To:        Questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   high-pitched tone from pc speaker

I recently installed FreeBSD 4.8 on a server at work.  I cvsup'd and
installed an updated world and installed a few ports.  I also
rebuilt the kernel to support dual processors.  I don't know if this
always happened, but now the on-board pc speaker (the one that goes
beep, not from a sound card) emits a high-pitched tone a minute or two
after boot.

I wasn't able to find anything in google relating to this problem.

I'm not really sure where to look to try to remedy this issue.

Thanks,

Michael