Date:      Thu, 10 Aug 2000 03:33:50 +0100
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        "Roberto Nunnari, AGIE" <roberto.Nunnari@agie.ch>
Cc:        isdn@FreeBSD.ORG, brian@Awfulhak.org
Subject:   Re: I'm using 2*B ???

> - how can I know I'm really using both B channels at once
>   for a bandwith of 128 Kb? isdntrace -bi shows B2. But
>   the maximum transfer rate I get is 7.4 KBytes/sec

Use pppctl to ``show links''.

> - I'm using userland PPP. After some trying it seams to me
>   that if I want an idle-timeout I can't take advantage of
>   isdnd.rc options but must use user-ppp timeout option. Is
>   that right?

Yes.  If isdnd times out, ppp treats it as a connection failure and
the ``set reconnect'' value will kick in.  Also, ppp knows that
things like LQR, and LCP/CCP/IPCP control packets shouldn't keep the
connection alive.  Additionally, with the latest versions of ppp, you
can adjust your idle timer based on packet port numbers....

--
Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org>                        <brian@[uk.]FreeBSD.org>
      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;                   <brian@[uk.]OpenBSD.org>